The Desired Outcomes of an ITE Education are attributes that ITE and its three Colleges set out to inculcate in our students upon completion of their post-secondary technical training. These outcomes define the common purpose for our lecturers, drive our policies and programmes, and help us to determine how well our VTE system is functioning.
The unique ‘Hands-on, Minds-on and Hearts-on’ ITE education will equip students with the latest technical skills and knowledge to contribute effectively in the workplace and develop them as confident graduates responsible to their family, community, and nation; possessing sound values such as integrity, respect for others, and civic-mindedness.
The Desired Outcomes of ITE Education
In sum, our ITE graduates will become proactive members of a thinking and learning workforce to meet the demands and challenges of the new economy. Upon completion of ITE education, students should:
- Have moral courage to stand up for what is right;
- Be resilient in the face of adversity;
- Be able to collaborate across cultures and be socially responsible;
- Be innovative and enterprising;
- Be able to think critically and communicate effectively;
- Be purposeful in pursuit of excellence;
- Pursue a healthy lifestyle and have an appreciation for aesthetics; and
- Be proud to be Singaporeans and understand Singapore in relation to the world.