Your company can enjoy the following benefits:
- ITE will assist your company in recruitment of trainees;
- Funding under SDF/SRP is very attractive and will help you offset your training costs;
- The OJT that your company provides will be directly relevant to your operational needs;
- Your trainees can contribute to your operations very quickly and be productive in a short period through OJT;
- Your company has the opportunity to inculcate good work practices in your trainees during the period of traineeship; and
- The curriculum provides you with the flexibility to incorporate training content that are specific to your company’s needs.
Training Grant for Employers
All employers participating in Traineeship are eligible for the Absentee Payroll Funding. In addition, employers who have the necessary infrastructure to conduct training and testing leading to ITE qualifications are eligible for Off-the-Job funding. Both these components of funding are described below.
Training Grant Funding for Traineeship Companies
For participating in the traineeship scheme, companies will receive Training Grant funding administered by Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA) through the online SkillsConnect system (www.skillsconnect.gov.sg). The aim of the funding is to help you defray productivity costs incurred while your trainee undergoes training.
The Training Grant funding is computed based on the following variables:
- Trainee's hourly salary;
- Number of theory and practical hours based on ITE's course structures; and
- Number of OJT hours based on ITE's course structures
This Training Grant funding will only be applicable to sponsored trainees who are Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents.
Guide to application for WDA funding, click here .
Off-the-Job Funding for Approved Training Centres (ATCs)
If your company is awarded the Approved Training Centre (ATC) status by ITE to conduct training and testing at your premises leading to ITE qualifications, you will receive an additional funding component for conducting the off-the-job training. The funding quantum will be based on ITE’s established curriculum hours.
For more information on the off-the-Job funding quantum, please contact Industry Officer.