The course provides participants with knowledge and skillsets to repair, replace, and maintain Rapid Transit Systems and Operations, Automation and Control Systems, as well as Electronics Systems and Equipment.
1. Rapid Transit Mechanical Practices
- Produce Rapid Transit Engineering Components
- Maintain Mechanical Assemblies
2. Rapid Transit Rolling Stock
- Maintain Train and Light Rail Vehicle Air Conditioning and Ventilation System
- Perform General Train and Light Rail Vehicle Cabin Maintenance
- Maintain Train Bogie Equipment Items
- Maintain Train Undercarriage Equipment
- Maintain Train and Light Rail Vehicle Door System
3. Rapid Transit Permanent Way
- Maintain Rail Tracks
- Maintain Permanent Way Parts
- Maintain Train Electrification System
- Set Up Aluminothermic Mould for Welding Operations
- Apply Track Access Protocol for Track Maintenance Works
4. Basic Data Analysis for Predictive Maintenance
- Explain various aspects of the 3 types of maintenance that are regularly carried out.
- Explain purpose and benefits of using software program for data analysis for predictive maintenance.
- Identify the types of data and data collection method required for data analysis.
- Input various types of data in software program
- Use relevant software to perform data analysis
- Interpret results of data analysis accurately
- Identify predictive maintenance requirements based on data analysis
5. CoC in Introduction to Toolbox Briefing
- Prepare the Toolbox Briefing Checklist
- Describe the work to be carried out
- State the objectives and expectation
- Ensure work instruction, checklist and risk assessment are available
- Discuss responsibilities of designated persons
- Check on qualification and competency of designated persons
- Check on health and mental fitness of designated persons.
- Ensure condition and serviceability of tools and equipment
- Conduct PPE check
6. Project Module
- Plan and design project
- Execute project
- Prepare project report
- Present completed project