Nitec in Community Care & Social Services (Traineeship)
Course Details Anchor Navigation
Type of courseTraineeship
Campus where course is offered
ITE College East
Extend your helping hands to others in need and do your part for the society!
You will acquire the skills and knowledge to provide care, rehabilitation and support to clients and residents in Nursing Homes. You will also learn the skills and knowledge to perform various administrative tasks including planning, organising and implementing community based activities and events.
Download Core module details (PDF 30 KB)
What you'll learn
- Assist clients with activities of daily living
- Assist clients with functional activities
- Assist in rehabilitation programmes, care and counselling of clients
- Organise and facilitate activities and events for clients/residents and their families
- Assist with clinical procedures based on clients/residents' needs
- Assist with the daily operations of the centre/home
- Assist with activities of daily living (ADL) training
- Conduct routine home visits
- Assist in emergency situations
|GCE ‘O’ level grades in any 2 subjects
||1 – 8
|GCE ‘N’ level Passes in Mathematics or Science and 2 other subjects
||A – D or 1 – 5
* Mobile Robotics and Smart Electrical Technology subjects can be used in lieu of Science for admission to this Nitec course.
2 years of relevant working experience is required.
Nitec in Community Care & Social Services graduates with minimum GPA of 2.0 may apply for progression to the following Work-Study Diploma courses at ITE:
Nitec in Community Care & Social Services graduates with GPA of 3.5 and above may apply for progression to the first year of a related diploma course at the Polytechnics.
Nitec in Community Care & Social Services graduates with a GPA of 2.8 and above may also apply for progression to related Higher Nitec courses offered by ITE.
For general queries on the course, please email Ms Yong at Yong_Puay_Joo@ite.edu.sg
Nitec in Community Care and Social Services graduates are employed in Day Care Centres, Senior Activity Centres, Neighbourhood Links, Welfare Homes, Nursing Homes, Community Hospitals, Community Rehabilitation Centres and Integrated Rehabilitation Centres. Some of the job titles held by graduates include Social Service Assistant, Therapist Aide, Assistant Programme Coordinator, Programme Assistant, Assistant Welfare Officer and Activities Officer.
There are excellent opportunities for career advancement in the community and social sectors. Graduates with good grades may progress to other advanced courses offered by the Social Service Institute.