Nitec in Motorcycle Technology (Traineeship)
Course Details Anchor Navigation
Type of courseTraineeship
Campus where course is offered
A Motorcycle Mechanic services, repairs, overhauls and restores mechanical system, electrical system and related components of a wide range of motorcycles and motor scooters in the motorcycle retail and service industry.
What you'll learn
- Perform pre-service activities
- Maintain controls system
- Maintain wheels & tyres
- Perform general servicing
- Service air/ fuel systems
- Maintain electrical/ electronic system
- Maintain transmission system
- Maintain engine
- Maintain environmental standard of vehicle
- Perform post-service activities
- Document job
- Maintain service tools & equipment
Completed GCE ‘N’ or ‘O’ Level
Nitec in Motorcycle Technology graduates are employed by motorcycle workshops, and franchised motor dealers. Some of the job titles held by graduates include Motorcycle Service Technician and Service Adviser.
are excellent opportunities for career advancement to supervisory positions and beyond. The challenge is for students to upgrade their technical skills and knowledge by taking up higher-level courses.