Top Award Winners
Lee Kuan Yew Gold Medal
The Lee Kuan Yew Awards for ITE students were instituted in 1999 through the sale proceeds of the special edition of the memoirs of Singapore’s first Prime Minister, Mr Lee Kuan Yew, entitled, “The Singapore Story”. A sum of $555,000 was donated to ITE for the establishment of the awards.
The Lee Kuan Yew Gold Medals for ITE students are aimed at promoting technical education by giving greater recognition to the achievements of ITE students and trainees.
Lee Kuan Yew Gold Medals are awarded to the top graduates from ITE College Central, ITE College East and ITE College West who have excelled in their course of study and co-curricular activities, and made contributions to an enriching College life.
- Damien Tan, Higher Nitec in Sport Management, ITE College Central
- Tan Shi Wei Cody, Higher Nitec in Electronics Engineering, ITE College East
- Indra Dermawan Bin Yuhanis, Nitec in Retail Services, ITE College West
Click here to learn more about the Lee Kuan Yew Gold Medal Winners.
Tay Eng Soon Gold Medal
The Tay Eng Soon Scholarship Fund was established in November 1993, in honour of the late Dr Tay Eng Soon. Dr Tay Eng Soon was the Chairman of ITE (and the former Vocational & Industrial Training Board) and Minister-in-Charge of technical and polytechnic education from 1981 to 1993.
One of the objectives of the Fund is to provide medals and/or prizes to ITE students.
Tay Eng Soon Gold Medals are awarded to the top graduates from ITE College Central, ITE College East and ITE College West who have achieved excellent course performance, participated actively in co-curricular activities and contributed to the well-being and development of their College.
- Andrea Lee Zi Qin, Nitec in Product Design, ITE College Central
- Cherie Wong Wei Qi, Higher Nitec in Beauty & Wellness Management, ITE College East
- Shuqri B Shaifuddin, Higher Nitec in IT Systems & Networks, ITE College West
Click here to learn more about the Tay Eng Soon Gold Medal Winners.
The Ngee Ann Kongsi Gold Medal
The Ngee Ann Kongsi Gold Medals are awarded to the top graduates from ITE College Central, ITE College East and ITE College West, for their outstanding course performance, active participation in co-curricular activities and contributions to the Colleges.
The gold medals, first presented in 2018, are funded by The Ngee Ann Kongsi, a non-profit Teochew philanthropic foundation actively involved in educational, cultural and charitable activities in Singapore. Over the years, the Kongsi has made significant contributions towards the enrichment of Singapore society and its education scene. The recipient of the award will receive TNAK Gold Medal and $600 cash.
- Poh Jun Kai, Higher Nitec in Games Programming & Development, ITE College Central
- Nur Leila Bte Laqman Hakem, Higher Nitec in Landscape Management & Design, ITE College East
- Koh Yanxi, Nitec in Western Culinary Arts, ITE College West
Click here to learn more about The Ngee Ann Kongsi Gold Medal Winners.
Singapore National Employers Federation Gold Medal
The Singapore National Employers Federation (SNEF) Gold Medals are awarded to top performing graduates of the Work-Study Diploma Programme who have excelled in their course of study and have made contributions to the workplace training, company’s projects and activities.
- Norheesham B Rahmat, Work Study Diploma in Marine & Offshore Engineering, ITE College Central
- Muhammad Hafiz B Mohamadnor, Work-Study Diploma in Mechanical & Electrical Services Supervision, ITE College East
- Daniel Ezzra Adly B Mohamed, Work-Study Diploma in Security Systems Engineering, ITE College West
Click here to learn more about the Singapore National Employers Federation Gold Medal Winners.
e2i Gold Medal
The objectives of the e2i Gold Medal are to promote lifelong learning among adult learners to increase their employability, and to motivate and give recognition to Continuing Education & Training (CET) graduates for their upgrading efforts and achievements. The e2i Gold Medal is sponsored by e2i (Employment and Employability Institute) which helps working people grow their skills and career through career coaching, developing better skills and job matching.
- Pearl Lynn Woon Zeng Yu, Nitec in Services - Business Services, ITE College Central
- Stanley Ong Weiqin, Higher Nitec in Technology - Electrical Engineering, ITE College West
IES Engineering Award
The IES Engineering Award is awarded to a top ITE graduate for outstanding performance in an Engineering course and contributions in Engineering related projects and activities.
The IES Engineering Award is sponsored by the Institution of Engineers Singapore.
- Robin Teoh Yan Quan, Higher Nitec in Mechatronics Engineering, ITE College West
Click here to learn more about our e2i Gold Medal and IES Engineering Award Winners.
Tay Eng Soon Scholarship Award
The Tay Eng Soon Scholarship (TESS) award is presented to outstanding ITE graduates who have performed well academically and attained good co-curricular activity records. The TESS is open to ITE graduates pursuing a full-time Diploma course in ITE or the polytechnics. Selection for this award is based on merit.
It is funded by the TESS Fund which was established in 1993 from donations received from companies, individuals and staff of ITE, Singapore Polytechnic, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Nanyang Polytechnic and Temasek Polytechnic, in memory of the late Dr Tay Eng Soon, former Chairman of ITE and Minister-in-Charge of polytechnic and technical education from 1981 to 1993.
View list of award winners.