A) Eligibility Criteria
For O-Level or GCE N-Level Students:
- Singapore Citizens (SC) and Singapore Permanent Residents (SPR) who have registered to sit for the GCE N-Level or O-Level examinations in the year of the ITE EAE application;
- International Students (IS) enrolled in Government, Government-aided and Independent Schools during the year of the ITE EAE application, and who have registered to sit for the GCE N-Level or O-Level examinations in the year of the ITE EAE application; and
- SC, SPR who have sat for the GCE N-Level or O-Level examinations previously.
For Nitec Progression Students:
- SC, SPR and IS full-time Nitec or Traineeship students who will graduate in the same ITE academic year as the ITE EAE; and
- SC, SPR who have graduated from ITE full-time Nitec or Traineeship courses.
B) Selection Criteria
The ITE EAE is primarily targeted at students who have strong aptitude and interest in a field related to the Nitec/ Higher Nitec course they are applying for.
Students’ achievements in sports, arts, leadership, entrepreneurship and community service will also be taken into consideration during the selection process.
ITE will utilise various modes of assessment to identify course-specific aptitude and interest of applicants, such as portfolios, interviews and aptitude tests, where relevant and appropriate to the specific courses.
Confirmation of Conditional Offer for ITE Admission
Successful ITE EAE applicants will be given conditional offers (for the higher choice offered) should they be selected by ITE. While interest in a field of study is important, to better assure that students admitted through ITE EAE are able to cope with the rigours of an ITE education, applicants will have to meet the prevailing ITE admission criteria to confirm their conditional offers, which are as follows:
C) Admission Criteria - Minimum Entry Requirements (MERs)
i) For N-Level or O-Level Students:
MERs of the Nitec and Higher Nitec courses available under ITE EAE
ii) For ITE Nitec Students:
MERs of the Higher Nitec courses available under ITE EAE
Direct Entry to 2nd Year of Higher Nitec Course
Nitec students who wish to apply for direct entry to second year of Higher Nitec courses should apply to Higher Nitec courses that are mapped to their Nitec course. Successful ITE EAEP applicants will be given a conditional offer for admission to the first year of the Higher Nitec course. Subsequently, students who meet the GPA requirement for direct entry to second year of mapped Higher Nitec courses will be considered for direct entry to second year (subject to merit and vacancies) alongside other Nitec students who applied through the Nitec Progression to Higher Nitec Intake Exercise (NCHN). Nitec students seeking direct entry to the second year of a Higher Nitec course should note that the ITE EAEP conditional offer does not guarantee admission to the second year of the Higher Nitec course, even if their final Nitec results meet the eligibility criteria as places are limited and subject to open competition among all eligible applicants.
For the following Higher Nitec courses, applicants who are posted to direct 2nd year admission for 2018 intake under NCHN will be enrolled into the Higher Nitec course with existing course title, instead of the revised course title:
- Higher Nitec in International Logistics (renamed from existing course title Higher Nitec in Logistics for International Trade)
- Higher Nitec in IT Systems & Networks (renamed from existing course title Higher Nitec in Information Technology)
- Higher Nitec in Retail & Online Business (renamed from existing course title Higher Nitec in Retail Merchandising)
Successful ITE EAEP applicants who is graduating/has graduated from the following Nitec courses from 2014 intake onwards, and who have accepted the conditional offer for admission to the first year of the Higher Nitec in IT Application Development course and subsequently meet the GPA requirement for direct entry to second year, will be considered for direct entry to second year of the Higher Nitec in Information Technology course (subject to merit and vacancies) alongside other Nitec students who applied through the Nitec Progression to Higher Nitec Intake (NCHN):
- Nitec in Info-Communications Technology (Cloud Computing)
- Nitec in Info-Communications Technology (Networking & Systems Administration)
- Nitec in Info-Communications Technology (Mobile Networks & Applications)