A) Eligibility Criteria
For O-Level or GCE N-Level Students:
- Singapore Citizens (SC) and Singapore Permanent Residents (SPR) who have registered to sit for the GCE N-Level or O-Level examinations in the year of the ITE EAE application;
- International Students (IS) enrolled in Government, Government-aided and Independent Schools during the year of the ITE EAE application, and who have registered to sit for the GCE N-Level or O-Level examinations in the year of the ITE EAE application; and
- SC, SPR who have sat for the GCE N-Level or O-Level examinations previously.
For Nitec Progression Students:
- SC, SPR and IS full-time Nitec or Traineeship students who will graduate in the same ITE academic year as the ITE EAE; and
- SC, SPR who have graduated from ITE full-time Nitec or Traineeship courses.
B) Selection Criteria
The ITE EAE is primarily targeted at students who have strong aptitude and interest in a field related to the Nitec/ Higher Nitec course they are applying for.
Students’ achievements in sports, arts, leadership, entrepreneurship and community service will also be taken into consideration during the selection process.
ITE will utilise various modes of assessment to identify course-specific aptitude and interest of applicants, such as portfolios, interviews and aptitude tests, where relevant and appropriate to the specific courses.
Confirmation of Conditional Offer for ITE Admission
Successful ITE EAE applicants will be given conditional offers should they be selected by ITE. While interest in a field of study is important, to better assure that students admitted through ITE EAE are able to cope with the rigours of an ITE education, applicants will have to meet the prevailing ITE admission criteria to confirm their conditional offers, which are as follows:
C) Admission Criteria - Minimum Entry Requirements (MERs)
i) For N-Level or O-Level Students:
MERs of the Nitec and Higher Nitec courses available under ITE EAE
ii) For ITE Nitec Students:
MERs of the Higher Nitec courses available under ITE EAE