Copy the URL from the text box below...
Nitec in Built Environment (Mechanical & Electrical Services)
Do you know that a building needs to be serviced regularly in order to maintain its health?
Join this course and be a “doctor” in providing first line and planned maintenance and undertake servicing work on air-conditioning systems, fire fighting and fire protection systems.
Apply your knowledge and gain real-life (on-the-job) training at hotels, engineering firms and malls.
Acquire knowledge and skills which are highly relevant to the industry
- Install, troubleshoot and carry out simple alteration and amendment work of domestic electrical system.
- Service and carry out preventive maintenance of machinery components, engines and pumps.
- Install and perform routine maintenance and parts replacement of residential air-conditioners.
- Install, service and repair defective components of water supply and water pumping systems.
- Prepare building services layout including air-conditioning and electrical system using CAD software.
- Diagnose and rectify faults in lighting system and emergency system.
- Service and maintain fire-fighting equipment and fire suppression system.
- Replace and repair wooden fixtures and masonry of building.
- Repair water supply and sanitary pipe work and fixtures.
- Set up audio visual and public address systems.
To apply for the Nitec in Built Environment (Mechanical & Electrical Services) course, you need to have:
|Completed GCE 'N' or GCE ‘O’ Level
Note: Applicants applying for this course must ensure that they do not suffer from colour-appreciation deficiency.
This is a two-year course and is available at :
- ITE College Central for 1-2 days per week; and
- Sponsoring companies for On-the-Job Training (ITE will help you find a sponsoring company.)
Nitec in Built Environment (Mechanical & Electrical Services) graduates with good results may apply for progression to the first year of a related diploma course at the Polytechnics.
Nitec in Built Environment (Mechanical & Electrical Services) graduates with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 and above may apply for progression to related ITE Work-Study Diploma (previously known as Work-Learn Technical Diploma). For more details, please click here.
Nitec in Built Environment (Mechanical & Electrical Services) graduates with a GPA of 2.3 and above may also apply for progression to related Higher Nitec courses offered by ITE. For more information on progression, please click here.
Nitec in Built Environment (Mechanical & Electrical Services) graduates are employed by companies providing building management and maintenance services. Some of the job titles held by graduates include Building Technician and Property Maintenance Technician.
There are excellent opportunities for career advancement to supervisory positions and beyond. This challenge is for students to upgrade their technical skills and knowledge by taking up higher-level courses.
For general queries on the course, please email Lee_Tek_Siong@ite.edu.sg or call 6590 2432.