Copy the URL from the text box below...
Nitec in Fabrication Technology (Marine Pipe)
Perform welding, plasma-arc cutting, and develop and assemble plates and pipes.
Join this course and gain knowledge on tack welding, fabricating and assembling of pipes, plates and rolled sections, heatline bending of pipes and preparing schematic
drawings using CAD commands.
Apply your knowledge and gain real-life (on-the-job) training at production facilities within shipyards.
Acquire knowledge and skills which are highly relevant to the industry
- Interpret pipework drawings.
- Develop pattern layouts based on geometrical methods of constructions.
- Perform brazing works.
- Perform welding works.
- Produce schematic CAD drawings of piping systems.
- Bend ferrous and non-ferrous pipes, plates, sections and tubes using the hot and cold bending processes.
- Join and install pipes.
- Perform tests on pipeline systems and spools.
- Perform tack welding in all positions using Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) / Flux-Cored Arc Welding (FCAW) and Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW).
To apply for the Nitec in Fabrication Technology (Marine Pipe) course, you need to have:
|Completed GCE ‘N’ or ‘O’ level
This is a two-year course and training is available at ITE Approved Training Centres.
Nitec in Fabrication Technology (Marine Pipe) graduates with good results may apply for progression to the first year of a related diploma course at the Polytechnics.
Nitec in Fabrication Technology (Marine Pipe) graduates with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 and above may apply for progression to related ITE Work-Learn Technical Diploma. For more details, please click here.
Nitec in Fabrication Technology (Marine Pipe) with a GPA of 2.3 and above may also apply for progression to related Higher Nitec courses offered by ITE.
Graduates from Nitec in Fabrication Technology (Marine Pipe) course can look forward to employment opportunities in the industry as Technical Associates.
There are excellent opportunities for career advancement to supervisory positions and beyond. This challenge is for students to upgrade their technical skills and knowledge by taking up higher-level courses.
For general queries on the course, please email Abdul_Rahmat_Mordiffi@ite.edu.sg or call 6590 2433.