Copy the URL from the text box below...
Higher Nitec in Automotive Engineering (w.e.f 2019 intake)
Do you know that modern vehicles are electronically controlled to improve efficiency, safety, reliability and performance?
This course provides students with the skills and knowledge to perform a range of progressively responsible tasks involving the service, inspection, repair and diagnosis of systems for petrol, diesel, and high voltage vehicles. Work ranges from inspection and service to mechanical and electrical systems analysis using diagnostic equipment and related software.
Acquire knowledge and skills which are highly relevant to the industry:
- Perform engine systems diagnostics
- Perform electrical systems diagnostics
- Perform chassis diagnostics
- Perform driveline diagnostics
To apply for the Higher Nitec in Automotive Engineering course, you need to have:
One of the following Nitec qualifications:
- Nitec in Aerospace Avionics
- Nitec in Aerospace Technology
- Nitec in Automotive Technology (Heavy Vehicles)
- Nitec in Automotive Technology (Light Vehicles)
- Nitec in Electrical Technology (Power & Control)
- Nitec in Electronics, Computer Networking & Communications
- Nitec in Mechanical Technology
- Nitec in Mechatronics
- Nitec in Rapid Transit Technology
GPA of 2.3 and above
This is a two-year course and is available at :
- ITE College West for 2 days per week; and
- Sponsoring companies for On-the-Job Training (ITE will help you find a sponsoring company.)
Higher Nitec in Automotive Engineering graduates may apply for progression to the first year of a related diploma course at the Polytechnics.
Higher Nitec in Automotive Engineering graduates with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 and above may also apply for progression to a related Technical Engineer Diploma course at ITE. For more details, please click here.
Higher Nitec in Automotive Engineering graduates are employed by fleet maintenance workshops, service garages, franchised motor dealers, vehicle inspection centres and government agencies. Common job titles may include Senior Technician, Team Leader and Senior Vehicle Inspector.
There are excellent opportunities for career advancement to supervisory positions and beyond. This challenge is for students to upgrade their skills and knowledge by taking up higher-level courses.
For general queries on the course, please email Samuel_Gan@ite.edu.sg or call 6590 2438.