Copy the URL from the text box below...
Nitec in Dental Assisting
Become the dental surgeon’s most able assistant and assist him at the chair side!
Join this course and gain knowledge on oral biology, patient care, dental assisting and general clinic administration.
Apply your knowledge and gain real-life (on-the-job) training at dental clinics.
Acquire knowledge and skills which are highly relevant to the industry
- Set up the instrument tray
- Prepare the patient for treatment
- Mix the dental material when required
- Act as chaperon and witness for consent and procedures performed
- Give oral health education and post-operative instructions
- Sterilise and disinfect the instruments
- Perform simple laboratory tasks
- Perform dental radiography
- Maintain clinic inventory
- Perform administrative duties
- Assist in medical emergency
To apply for the Nitec in Dental Assisting course, you need to have:
|GCE ‘O’ level grades in any 2 subjects
||1 – 8
|GCE ‘N’ level Passes in English Language and
2 other subjects
|A – D or 1 – 5
Note: Applicants recommended by their employers will be admitted on a case-by-case basis.
This is a one-year course and training will be conducted at ITE Approved Training Centres.
Graduates from Nitec in Dental Assisting can look forward to employment opportunities in the industry as Dental Assistants.
For general queries on the course, please email Yeo_yin_yin@ite.edu.sg or call 6590 2434.