Copy the URL from the text box below...
Nitec in Fabrication Technology (Hull & Structures)
Perform welding, plasma-arc cutting, and develop and assemble plates and pipes.
Join this course and gain knowledge on preparing 2-D CAD drawings, interpreting drawings and developing pattern layouts based on geometrical methods of construction, perform brazing and gas cutting, and perform heatline bending.
Apply your knowledge and gain real-life (on-the-job) training at production facilities within shipyards.
Acquire knowledge and skills which are highly relevant to the industry
- Interpret drawings and technical specifications.
- Develop pattern layouts based on geometrical methods of construction.
- Perform lines plan drawings.
- Prepare 2-D CAD drawings of steel structures.
- Perform heatline bending.
- Cut metal plate using gas-cutting processes.
- Perform hot and cold bending processes of ferrous and non-ferrous pipes, plates, sections and tubes.
- Perform Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) and Flux-Cored Arc Welding (FCAW) in the flat and horizontal positions.
To apply for the Nitec in Fabrication Technology (Hull & Structures) course, you need to have:
|Completed GCE ‘N’ or ‘O’ level
This is a two-year course and training is available at ITE Approved Training Centres.
Nitec in Fabrication Technology (Hull & Structures) graduates with good results may apply for progression to the first year of a related diploma course at the Polytechnics.
Nitec in Fabrication Technology (Hull & Structures) graduates with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 and above may apply for progression to related ITE Work-Learn Technical Diploma. For more details, please click here.
Nitec in Fabrication Technology (Hull & Structures) with a GPA of 2.3 and above may also apply for progression to related Higher Nitec courses offered by ITE
Graduates from Nitec in Fabrication Technology (Hull & Structures) course can look forward to employment opportunities in the industry as Technical Associates.
There are excellent opportunities for career advancement to supervisory positions and beyond. This challenge is for students to upgrade their technical skills and knowledge by taking up higher-level courses.
For general queries on the course, please email Abdul_Rahmat_Mordiffi@ite.edu.sg or call 6590 2433.