Copy the URL from the text box below...
Nitec in Welding
Welding in space was attempted in 1969. Today, advances in welding technology have made it essential in the construction of the International Space Station. Be part of its widespread use.
Join this course and learn to prepare metal plate joints of different material for welding and weld pipes in all positions using various welding processes.
Apply your knowledge and gain real-life (on-the-job) training at production facilities within shipyards.
Acquire knowledge and skills which are highly relevant to the industry
- Perform oxy-fuel gas-cutting on ferrous metal plates and pipes.
- Perform shielded metal arc welding (SMAW) on ferrous metal plates and pipes.
- Perform gas metal arc welding (GMAW) on ferrous and non-ferrous metal plates and pipes.
- Perform flux-cored arc welding (FCAW) on ferrous and non-ferrous metal plates and pipes.
- Perform gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW) on ferrous and non-ferrous metal plates and pipes.
- Perform submerged-arc welding (SAW) on ferrous metal plates and pipes.
- Perform air carbon-arc gouging on ferrous metal plates.
- Perform reclamation and hardfacing operations.
- Perform quality checks on weld.
To apply for the Nitec in Welding course, you need to have:
|Completed GCE ‘N’ or ‘O’ level
This is a two-year course and training is available at ITE Approved Training Centres.
Nitec in Welding graduates with good results may apply for progression to the first year of a related diploma course at the Polytechnics.
Nitec in Welding graduates with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 and above may apply for progression to related ITE Work-Learn Technical Diploma. For more details, please click here.
Nitec in Welding graduates with a GPA of 2.3 and above may also apply for progression to related Higher Nitec courses offered by ITE.
Graduates from Nitec in Welding course can look forward to employment opportunities in the industry as Technical Associates.
There are excellent opportunities for career advancement to supervisory positions and beyond. This challenge is for students to upgrade their technical skills and knowledge by taking up higher-level courses.
For general queries on the course, please email Abdul_Rahmat_Mordiffi@ite.edu.sg or call 6590 2433.