Copy the URL from the text box below...
Nitec in Motorcycle Technology
A Motorcycle Mechanic services, repairs, overhauls and restores mechanical system, electrical system and related components of a wide range of motorcycles and motor scooters in the motorcycle retail and service industry.
The work he/she performs are as follows:
- Perform pre-service activities;
- Maintain controls system;
- Maintain wheels & tyres;
- Perform general servicing;
- Service air/ fuel systems;
- Maintain electrical/ electronic system;
- Maintain transmission system;
- Maintain engine;
- Maintain environmental standard of vehicle;
- Perform post-service activities;
- Document job; and
- Maintain service tools & equipment.
To apply for the Nitec in Motorcycle Technology course, you need to have:
|Completed GCE 'N' or GCE 'O' Level
This is a two-year course and training is available at ITE Approved Training Centres.
Nitec in Motorcycle Technology graduates are employed by motorcycle workshops, and franchised motor dealers. Some of the job titles held by graduates include Motorcycle Service Technician and Service Adviser.
There are excellent opportunities for career advancement to supervisory positions and beyond. The challenge is for students to upgrade their technical skills and knowledge by taking up higher-level courses.
For general queries on the course, please email Samuel_gan@ite.edu.sg or call 6590 2438.