Copy the URL from the text box below...
Nitec in Microelectronics
Just like cells in a human body, semiconductors are in many electronics and computing devices we use in our daily lives.
You will learn electronics fundamentals and manufacturing processes of electronic components, which are commonly known as integrated circuits or microchips. These microchips are found in all electronic devices for wireless communications, tablet computers, military and clean technology applications.
Apply your knowledge and gain real-life (on-the-job) training at microelectronics companies.
Acquire knowledge and skills which are highly relevant to the industry
- Perform wafer level parametric testing.
- Collect, organize and interpret production and product performance data.
- Monitor and improve process capability, cycle time, yield, cost and quality.
- Conduct process development and yield enhancement programmes.
- Summarise data and information in development programmes.
- Monitor process performance upon equipment modification.
- Document process development programmes.
- Assist in failure analysis.
To apply for the Nitec in Electronics (Microelectronics) course, you need to have:
|GCE ‘O’ level grades in any 2 subjects
||1 - 8
|GCE ‘N’ level passes in Mathematics or Science and 2 other subjects
||A - D or 1 - 5
Note: Applicants applying for this course must ensure that they do not suffer from colour-appreciation deficiency.
This is a two-year course and is available at:
- ITE College Central for 1.5 days per week; and
- Sponsoring companies for On-the-Job Training (ITE will help you find a sponsoring company.)
Nitec in Electronics (Microelectronics) graduates with good results may apply for progression to the first year of a related diploma course at the Polytechnics.
Nitec in Microelectronics graduates with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 and above may apply for progression to related ITE Work-Learn Technical Diploma. For more details, please click here.
Nitec in Electronics (Microelectronics) graduates with a GPA of 2.3 and above may also apply for progression to related Higher Nitec courses offered by ITE.
Nitec in Electronics (Microelectronics) graduates are employed by companies that manufacture micro-electronic components and integrated circuit chips. Some of the job titles
held by graduates include Process Technician and Manufacturing Technician.
There are excellent opportunities for career advancement to supervisory positions and beyond. The challenge is for students to upgrade their technical skills and knowledge by taking up higher-level courses.
For general queries on the course, please email Kiev_h_y_wong@ite.edu.sg or call 6590 2426.