Copy the URL from the text box below...
Higher Nitec in Chronic Diseases & Integrated Care (w.e.f 2019 intake)
Do you have a passion to care for patients with chronic diseases?
If you are, then look no further, because this is the course for you! Healthcare is an important segment in Singapore’s today ageing population today.
Join this course and learn to provide quality care to patients with chronic diseases that includes health education and teaching.
Acquire knowledge and skills which are highly relevant to the industry
- apply the chronic disease management model in the care of patients with chronic diseases;
- apply the basic principles and practice of integrated care;
- demonstrate the ability to utilize case management and its tool in the delivery of integrated care;
- describe the concept of standards of care in the Intermediate and Long-Term Care settings based on Singapore context;
- apply the various healthcare informatics in supporting patients with chronic diseases;
- identify common chronic diseases associate with elderly and to deliver optimal standard and quality nursing care in the Intermediate and Long-Term Care settings.
- demonstrate health teaching/counselling strategies to educate patient and caregivers to better manage their chronic conditions and minimise readmission;
- discuss the therapeutic effects and adverse effects of common drugs used for chronic diseases; and
- perform comprehensive health history taking and basic physical examination for patients with chronic diseases.
To apply for the Higher Nitec in Chronic Diseases & Integrated Care course, you need to have:
|Nitec in Nursing
||GPA of 2.3 and above
Note: Applicants applying for this course must have a valid practising certificate issued by the Singapore Nursing Board.
This is a one-year course and is available at :
- ITE College East for 1 day per week; and
- Sponsoring companies for On-the-Job Training (ITE will help you find a sponsoring company.)
Higher Nitec in Chronic Diseases & Integrated Care graduates may apply for progression to the first year of a related diploma course at the Polytechnics.
Higher Nitec in Chronic Diseases & Integrated Care graduates are employed by companies in the healthcare industry. One of the job titles held by graduates will include the Senior Enrolled Nurse.
There are excellent opportunities for career advancement to supervisory positions and beyond. This challenge is for students to upgrade their technical skills and knowledge by taking up higher-level courses.
For general queries on the course, please email Chung_Woon_Heng@ite.edu.sg or call 6590 2437.