Copy the URL from the text box below...
Nitec in Asian Culinary Arts
Trainees would be trained in Asian kitchen (non-halal) where a wide range of meats (such as poultry, pork, beef, fish and seafood) ingredients, and alcoholic items to be used in the cooking process to prepare cuisines of Asian flavours.
Students will learn the cooking skills through real-life (on-the-job) training at restaurants and hotels.
Acquire knowledge and skills which are highly relevant to the industry
- Clean and prepare ingredients for cooking
- Cut and debone meat and seafood
- Cook dishes using various methods such as braising, steaming, deep-frying, boiling/poaching, pan-frying and stir-frying.
- Prepare a range of basic Chinese recipes.
- Prepare a range of basic Japanese recipes.
- Prepare a range of Southeast Asian recipes (eg Malay, Indian, Peranakan, local delights).
- Store ingredients
- Maintain stock
To apply for the Nitec in Asian Culinary Arts course, you need to have:
|Completed GCE 'N' or GCE 'O' Level
Note: Applicants applying for this course must undergo pre-course interview and clear a pre-entry medical check-up .This course comprises full-time campus training and company-based training.
This is a two-year course and is available at:
- ITE College West for 1 day per week; and
- Sponsoring companies for On-the-Job Training (ITE will help you find a sponsoring company.)
Nitec in Asian Culinary Arts graduates with a GPA of 2.8 and above may also apply for progression to related Higher Nitec courses offered by ITE.
Nitec in Asian Culinary Arts graduates with a GPA of 3.0 and above may apply for progression to Technical Diploma in Culinary Arts course conducted by ITE in collaboration
Institute Paul Bocuse, France. For more details on the diploma course, please refer to the course webpage.
Nitec in Asian Culinary Arts graduates are employed by establishments in restaurants and food and beverage outlets in hotels. Some of the job titles held by graduates include Chef, Assistant Chef and Commis Cook.
There are excellent opportunities for career advancement to supervisory positions and beyond. This challenge is for students to upgrade their technical skills and knowledge by taking up higher-level courses.
For general queries on the course, please email Ho_siew_peng@ite.edu.sg or call 6590 2423.