Copy the URL from the text box below...
Nitec in Hospitality Operations - previously known as Nitec in Food & Beverage Operations (w.e.f 2019 intake)
You walk into a restaurant and immediately you are impressed with the setup of a fine dining restaurant. If you aspire to work in or manage a great restaurant environment, then this is the course for you!
You will be taught a wide variety of skills namely setting of tables, folding of napkins, different styles of serving, setting up of buffet spreads and how to prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, just to name a few. In the course of training, you will also be trained on serving a wide range of meat (such as poultry, pork, beef, game meat, fish
Apply your knowledge and gain real-life (on-the-job) training at restaurants and food and beverage outlets at hotels.
Acquire knowledge and skills which are highly relevant to the industry
- Check the general cleanliness and condition of the furniture, linen, cutlery, chinaware, glassware, stores and lightings of an F&B outlet.
- Take and serve food and beverage orders.
- Prepare alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Provide tableside service.
- Maintain guest relations and update guest databases.
- Attend to guests' requests.
- Monitor delivery of service within a station.
- Check inventory for equipment, linen and stock.
- Make menu recommendations for an event.
- Provide feedback to management for improvements.
|GCE ‘O’ level grades in any 2 subjects
||1 - 8
|GCE ‘N’ level passes in English Language and
2 other subjects
|A - D or 1 - 5
Note: Applicants applying for this course must undergo pre-course interview and clear a pre-entry medical check-up.
This is a two-year course and is available at:
- ITE College West for 1 to 2 days per week; and
- Sponsoring companies for on-the-job training (ITE will help you find a sponsoring company.)
Nitec in Hospitality Operations graduates with a GPA of 2.8 and above may also apply for progression to related Higher Nitec courses offered by ITE.
Nitec in Hospitality Operations graduates with a GPA of 3.0 and above may apply for progression to Technical Diploma in Culinary Arts course conducted by ITE in collaboration Institut Paul Bocuse, France. For more details on the diploma course, please refer to the course webpage.
Nitec in Hospitality Operations graduates with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 and above may apply for progression to related ITE Work-Learn Technical Diploma. For more details, please click here.
Nitec in Hospitality Operations graduates are employed by establishments in restaurants and food and beverage outlets in hotels. Some of the job titles held by graduates include F&B Captain, Bell Captain, Guest Service Agent, Mixologist, Barista and Commis Sommelier.
There are excellent opportunities for career advancement to supervisory positions and beyond. This challenge is for students to upgrade their technical skills and knowledge by taking up higher-level courses.
For general queries on the course, please email Derrick_tan@ite.edu.sg or call 6590 2442.