Copy the URL from the text box below...
Higher Nitec in Elder Care
In what other profession can you touch lives the way you can in the Healthcare industry?
Join this course and learn to perform health care tasks for the aged like rehabilitative activities, mental health assessment, and therapeutic interventions.
Apply your knowledge and gain real-life (on-the-job) training at nursing homes, community hospitals and hospice care centres.
Acquire knowledge and skills which are highly relevant to the industry
- Support older adults in self care
- Assist older adults in daily routine
- Manage the safety and health of older adults
- Evaluate the effectiveness of care delivered
- Involve families in the caring process
- Support and contribute to the initiatives on integrated care system
- Provide evidence-based nursing care and practices for older adults
- Plan appropriate rehabilitative exercises and initiate care plans for the older adults
- Perform patient and family education in the delivery of care
To apply for the Higher Nitec in Elder Care course, you need to have Nitec in Nursing with minimum GPA of 2.2 and 3 years of relevant work experience.
Note: Applicants who are recommended by their employers but do not meet the GPA requirement will be admitted on a case-by-case basis.
This is a one-year course and training will be conducted at ITE Approved Training Centres.
Higher Nitec in Elder Care graduates with a good Grade Point Average (GPA) may apply for progression to the first year of a related diploma course at the Polytechnics.
Graduates from Higher Nitec in Elder Care can look forward to employment opportunities in the industry as Nursing Staff in hospitals or nursing homes, Rehabilitation Therapist and Health Advisor for Elderly.
There are excellent opportunities for career advancement to supervisory positions and beyond. This challenge is for students to upgrade their technical skills and knowledge by taking up higher-level courses.
For general queries on the course, please e-mail Yeo_Yin_Yin@ite.edu.sg or call 6590 2434.