Copy the URL from the text box below...
Nitec in Marine Electrical Technology
Marine electrical equipment are some of the most complex equipment due to modern advancements in electrical components. Challenge yourself to operate, troubleshoot and service electrical installations, electrical control circuits, electrical equipment and auxiliary systems on board ships.
Join this course and learn to operate, troubleshoot and service electrical installations, electrical control circuits, electrical equipment and marine auxiliary systems on board ships.
Apply your knowledge and gain real-life (on-the-job) training at production facilities within shipyards.
Acquire knowledge and skills which are highly relevant to the industry
- Install, inspect, test, operate, maintain and repair marine electrical installations in accordance with the relevant Code of Practice and international marine regulations.
- Install, service and/or test marine electrical wiring systems, lighting circuits, power circuits, alternators, switchboard panels, distribution boards, electrical motors and associated control circuits.
- Product electrical diagrams for marine electrical installations.
- Programme PLC for marine control applications.
- Carry out simple welding works.
- Set up shore-to-ship electrical supply system.
- Monitor, check and/or service marine control and auxiliary systems such as hydraulic control system, sewage control system, tank gauging system, ballast tank and water control system and propulsion system.
To apply for the Nitec in Marine Electrical Technology course, you need to have:
|GCE ‘O’ level grades in any 2 subjects
||1 – 8
|GCE ‘N’ level passes in Mathematics and
2 other subjects
|A – D or 1 – 5
This is a two-year course and training is available at ITE Approved Training Centres.
Nitec in Marine Electrical Technology graduates with good results may apply for progression to the first year of a related diploma course at the Polytechnics.
Nitec in Marine Electrical Technology graduates with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 and above may apply for progression to related ITE Work-Learn Technical Diploma. For more details, please click here.
Nitec in Marine Electrical Technology graduates with a GPA of 2.3 and above may also apply for progression to related Higher Nitec courses offered by ITE.
Graduates from Nitec in Marine Electrical Technology course can look forward to employment opportunities in the industry as Technical Associates.
There are excellent opportunities for career advancement to supervisory positions and beyond. This challenge is for students to upgrade their technical skills and knowledge by taking up higher-level courses.
For general queries on the course, please email Abdul_Rahmat_Mordiffi@ite.edu.sg or call 6590 2433.