Copy the URL from the text box below...
Nitec in Pastry & Baking
You walk past a bakery shop and can’t help but take a deep breath of the fragrant aroma coming from it. Ever thought of creating pastries and breads for others to enjoy?
In this course, you will be trained to prepare a range of cakes, desserts, pastries, chocolates and bakery products. Ingredients such as non-halal gelatine, artificial colourings and alcohol liquors, amongst others, will be used.
Apply your knowledge and gain real-life (on-the-job) training at bakeries, restaurants and hotels.
Acquire knowledge and skills which are highly relevant to the industry
- Prepare mise en place for baking and pastry.
- Process basic baking ingredients.
- Prepare a range of bread and pastry products.
- Prepare a range of sweet and savoury pastry fillings.
- Prepare a range of cakes and carry out cake decoration.
- Prepare a range of hot, cold and frozen desserts.
- Prepare petit fours, chocolates and pralines.
- Evaluate and store finished products.
- Present finished products for display.
To apply for the Nitec in Pastry & Baking course, you need to have:
|GCE ‘O’ level grades in any 2 subjects
||1 - 8
|GCE ‘N’ level passes in English Language and
2 other subjects
|A - D or 1 - 5
Note: Applicants applying for this courses must undergo pre-course interview and clear a pre-entry medical check-up .
This is a two-year course and is available at :
- ITE College West for 1 day per week; and
- Sponsoring companies for On-the-Job Training (ITE will help you find a sponsoring company.)
Nitec in Pastry & Baking graduates with a GPA of 2.8 and above may also apply for progression to related Higher Nitec courses offered by ITE. For more information on progression, please click here.
Nitec in Pastry & Baking graduates with a GPA of 3.0 and above may apply for progression to Technical Diploma in Culinary Arts course conducted by ITE in collaboration Institut Paul Bocuse, France. For more details on the diploma course, please refer to the course webpage.
Nitec in Pastry & Baking graduates are employed as Commis Cook in hotels, restaurants and bakeries. There are opportunities for career advancement to supervisory positions and beyond. Commis Cook with work experience and good performance may be promoted to supervisory positions, such as Demi Chef / Chef De Partie.
There are excellent opportunities for career advancement to supervisory positions and beyond. This challenge is for students to upgrade their technical skills and knowledge by taking up higher-level courses.
For general queries on the course, please email Derrick_Tan@ite.edu.sg or call 6590 2442.