Do I have other options if I do not want to study full-time? Can I experience what it’s like to be in the working world and still get a Nitec certificate at the same time? Yes, you can! The Traineeship Programme is a unique scheme that offers you an excellent ITE education plus the benefit of having real-work experience. What’s more, you will receive a basic monthly allowance ranging from $600 to $1,000 and enjoy the same staff benefits that your colleagues get.
The Traineeship Programme, carried out in two components, lasts from one year to three years, depending on the level and type of training:
Off-the-job training – You will learn technical concepts and knowledge in a classroom environment at ITE or at an Approved Training Centre.
On-the-job training – You will learn practical skills under the guidance of an experienced supervisor while working in an actual work environment.
Benefits of Traineeship Programme
- Achieve a head start in your career
- Learn skills differently in the real-work environment that cannot be taught in the classroom
- Learn from experienced instructors and mentors from the industry
- Have your training fees sponsored by your employer
- Get two certificates! Nitec Certificate + Certificate of Traineeship
To find out more about the traineeship programme, courses available and application process, please click here.