If your company is keen to be an ATC, you may do so by completing an application form ‘Application to be an ATC.’ You may download the application form by clicking on the ‘ATC Application Form’ button below:
ATC Application Form
Based on the information in your application form, ITE’s officers will conduct an on-site evaluation of your proposed Centre. When the application is approved, ITE will inform your company in writing as well as present your company with an Approved Training Centre (ATC) certificate. The ATC status will be granted for an initial period of up to 3 years with subsequent renewals of up to 3 years for as long as your company continues to meet the conditions governing the award of the ATC status.
Time Line of Activity
Company contacts ITE’s Industry Services Department to find out more about the ATC scheme. ITE’s Industry Officer will visit the company to explain to the company personnel on details of the ATC scheme. Discussion will cover pertinent areas such as, whether your company has:
- A proposed training requirement and duration that meets ITE certification;
- The necessary facilities and equipment to conduct training and assessment; and
- Professionally and pedagogically qualified trainers to conduct training.
ITE’s Industry Officer will provide the ATC Application Form to your company personnel for consideration.
A 3-phase timeline for processing of ATC application is as follows:
Phase 1 – Pre-application (up to 3 days)
- Your company completes and submits the application form to ITE. Upon receipt of the application form, ITE will take between one and three days to process it.
Phase 2 – On-Site Evaluation (up to 12 working days)
- ITE’s Industry Officer and a Curriculum Development Specialist will visit the company to conduct an on-site evaluation. The site-evaluation is meant to confirm and verify that the training facilities and equipment to conduct training and assessment for the course proposed by your company are adequate and meet ITE’s standard. The processing time will go beyond 12 days if there are gaps to be addressed by your company.
- Following the site evaluation and addressing of gaps, the application will be routed to ITE’s Management for final approval.
Phase 3 – Informing Company of Award of ATC status (up to 5 days)
- Upon approval given for the company to be awarded the ATC status, the company will be informed through a letter of the award including a copy of the ATC certificate.
Note: The 20-day processing time covering all the 3 phases as specified above will be delayed if the information contained in the application form is incomplete or not properly completed. In such a case, ITE’s Industry Officer will contact your company personnel to seek clarification on information provided or request for additional supporting documents (e.g. proposed equipment list, training schedule, evidence on qualification of trainers, etc) to be resubmitted for evaluation purposes.
Renewal of ATC status
The ATC status is normally given for a period of 1 to 3 years. Companies wishing to renew their ATC status should submit the ATC Renewal Application form at least 1 month before the expiry date. You may click here to download the ATC Renewal Form
The process for renewal is similar to that for a new application.
If you require more information on the ATC scheme, please click the button provided below to contact the relevant ITE Industry Officer: