Higher Nitec in Technology – Electrical Engineering
Course Details Anchor Navigation
1 year 6 months
Campus where course is offered
ITE College East
ITE College West
Course CertificationHigher Nitec
Join this course and learn how to design and install Home Automation Control Systems where you can control your home appliances away from home. You will learn how to install, maintain and troubleshoot faults in industrial automation and process control systems. You will also acquire knowledge in the latest Clean Energy Technology.
The course duration is 1.5 years to 3 years.
Download Core module details (PDF 122 KB)
What you'll learn
- Interpret specifications and drawings
- Maintain electrical installations and control systems
- Maintain fibre-optic control network
- Maintain fire and lightning protection systems
- Maintain intelligent building control and remote monitoring systems
- Maintain solar PV systems
3 GCE 'O' Level Grades:
- Grade 1-8 in English Language
- Grade 1-7 in Mathematics (Elementary or Additional)
- Grade 1-8 in one of the approved subjects*
*The approved subjects are: Biology / Biotechnology / Chemistry / Combined Science / Computer Studies / Design & Technology / Engineering Science / Fundamentals of Electronics / Human & Social Biology / Integrated Science / Physical Science / Physics / Science (Chemistry/ Biology) / Science (Physics/Biology) / Science (Physics/Chemistry) / Science (Physics/Biology/Chemistry).
- Nitec in Technology qualifications, or
- Nitec qualifications (Technical Skills)
Applicants applying for this course must be free from colour appreciation deficiency.
Higher Nitec in Technology - Electrical Engineering graduates are employed by government departments, statutory boards and private companies. They perform a crucial role of ensuring that electrical installations, equipment and systems are operational. Some of the job titles held by graduates include Electrical Maintenance Technical Officer or Supervisor, Electrical Engineering Technician, Electrical Power Technician, Engineering Assistant, Electrical & Electronics Marketing Executive, Instrumentation Technician and Production Supervisor.
There are excellent opportunities for career advancement to supervisory positions and beyond. The challenge is for students to upgrade their technical skills and knowledge by taking up higher-level courses.
For more details on application, click here .