Higher Nitec in Technology - Marine & Offshore Technology
Course Details Anchor Navigation
You will learn how to provide technical support and supervise fabrication, repair and refurbishment activities of all types of vessels and offshore structures in the marine and offshore industry.
1 year 6 months
Campus where course is offered
ITE College Central
Course CertificationHigher Nitec
The course duration is 1.5 years to 3 years.
Download Core module details (PDF 150 KB)
What you'll learn
- Interpret general arrangement drawings
- Interpret specifications and test procedures
- Perform non-destructive tests
- Perform quality control checks
- Involve in testing and commissioning works
- Plan work schedule and resources
3 GCE 'O' Level Grades:
- Grade 1-8 in English Language
- Grade 1-7 in Mathematics (Elementary or Additional)
- Grade 1-8 in one of the approved subjects*
*The approved subjects are: Biology / Biotechnology / Chemistry / Combined Science / Computer Studies / Design & Technology / Engineering Science / Fundamentals of Electronics / Human & Social Biology / Integrated Science / Physical Science / Physics / Science (Chemistry/ Biology) / Science (Physics/Biology) / Science (Physics/Chemistry) / Science (Physics/Biology/Chemistry).
- Nitec in Technology qualifications, or
- Nitec qualifications (Technical Skills)
Higher Nitec in Technology - Marine & Offshore Technology graduates are employed by shipyards, and other supporting companies which provide services relating to repair, fabrication, refurbishment activities of all types of vessels, offshore structures in the marine and offshore industry. Some of the job titles held by graduates include Assistant Supervisor, Trainee Supervisor, Assistant Marine Supervisor and Foreman.
For more details on application, click here .