Higher Nitec in Technology - Mechatronics Engineering
Course Details Anchor Navigation
This course integrates mechanical engineering with electronics, electrical and intelligent computer controlled programming and engineering processes. It gives you the widest career opportunities and further study choices to meet your aspirations. The course will equip you with the multidisciplinary skills and knowledge, which will enable you to perform work involving assembling, installing, setting up and maintaining of mechanical and industrial automation equipment and systems.
1 year 6 months
Campus where course is offered
ITE College Central
ITE College West
Course CertificationHigher Nitec
The course duration is 1.5 years to 3 years.
Download Core module details (PDF 127 KB)
What you'll learn
- Install, maintain and service pneumatic and electro-pneumatic controlled systems
- Prepare and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings
- Install and test electrical systems
- Install and test peripheral devices and microcomputer controlled systems
- Troubleshoot electronics systems
- Set up industrial automation systems, modifies PLC program and troubleshoot a simple automated production system at module level
- Set up automated manufacturing systems, autovision systems and communication networks
- Set up and test industrial robot with written test program
- Set up precision motion control systems
3 GCE 'O' Level Grades:
- Grade 1-8 in English Language
- Grade 1-7 in Mathematics (Elementary or Additional)
- Grade 1-8 in one of the approved subjects*
*The approved subjects are: Biology / Biotechnology / Chemistry / Combined Science / Computer Studies / Design & Technology / Engineering Science / Fundamentals of Electronics / Human & Social Biology / Integrated Science / Physical Science / Physics / Science (Chemistry/ Biology) / Science (Physics/Biology) / Science (Physics/Chemistry) / Science (Physics/Biology/Chemistry).
- Nitec in Technology qualifications, or
- Nitec qualifications (Technical Skills)
Note: Applicants applying for these courses must be free from colour appreciation deficiency.
Higher Nitec in Technology - Mechatronics Engineering graduates are employed by
engineering and manufacturing firms using sophisticated equipment and automated
machinery. Some of the job titles held by graduates include Automation
Technician, Engineering Assistant, Industrial Engineering Technician,
Mechatronics Technician, Plant Maintenance Technician and Production Supervisor.
There are excellent opportunities for career
advancement to supervisory positions and beyond. The challenge is for students
to upgrade their technical skills and knowledge by taking up higher-level
For more details on application, click here .