Nitec in Technology - Electrical Technology (Power & Control)
Course Details Anchor Navigation
Apply for this course and be an expert in installing, maintaining, operating, troubleshooting electrical installations, control circuits, electrical equipment and systems in domestic premises, commercial buildings and industrial plants.
1 year 6 months
Campus where course is offered
ITE College East
ITE College West
The course duration is 1.5 years to 3 years
Download Core module details (PDF 151 KB)
What you'll learn
- Install and maintain electrical switchboards
- Install and maintain electrical installations
- Maintain control and automation equipment and systems
- Maintain electrical motor and equipment
- Perform installation of electric vehicle charging infrastructure equipment
- Perform solar photovoltaic installations
- 2 GCE 'O' Level Grades (Grade 1-8) in any two subjects; or
- 3 GCE 'N' Level Passes (Grade A-D or Grade 1-5) in Mathematics and two other subjects; or
- Passed ISC in Electrical Wiring; or
- Passed ISC in Electrical Fitting; or
- Passed ISC in Electrical Motor Manufacturing; or
- Passed ISC in Instrument Fitting; or
- Passed ISC in Lift Adjustment & Maintenance; or
- Passed ISC in Lift Installation; or
- Passed ISC in Electrical Servicing; or
- Workplace Literacy & Numeracy (WPLN) Level 5 in Speaking and Listening, and Level 4 in Reading and Numeracy.
Applicant must be free from colour appreciation deficiency.
Nitec in Technology - Electrical Technology (Power & Control) graduates are employed by government departments, statutory boards, electricity generation, transmission and distribution companies, manufacturing plants, and companies dealing in M & E consultancy services, electrical engineering works and building services. Some of the job titles held by graduates include Electrical Technician, Electrical Installation Technician, Electrical Power Technician, Electrical Equipment Manufacturing Technician and Electrical Draughtsman.There are excellent opportunities for career advancement to supervisory positions and beyond. This challenge is for students to upgrade their technical skills and knowledge by taking up higher-level courses.