Electrical − Home Maintenance
Course Details Anchor Navigation
Type of courseShort Courses
Campus where course is offered
ITE College East
Are you keen to engage in DIY for electrical installations and repair electrical appliances at home? Apply for this course and acquire practical knowledge in using basic hand tools and measuring instruments to achieve your aspirations.
Fee for this course can be paid using SkillsFuture Credits. Visit www.skillsfuture.gov.sg/credit for more information.
SkillsFuture Course Ref No: TGS-2016502796
What you'll learn
- Electrical safety
- Select and use the test pen, multimeter, and polarity test plug
- Electrical supply system in single phase and cable colour code
- Consumer unit (electrical distribution board) connection
- Lighting control by 1 way on/off switch, 2-way control switches, and intermediate switches
- 230V 13 amps switch socket outlet and plug top connection
- Types of fluorescent light fittings
- Fluorescent light fitting, 18w circuitry connection, operation, and fault repair
- Types of home electric water heater system and operation
Want to find out more about our courses?