Managing projects can be challenging in the face of tight timelines, limited resources and a multitude of risks. Through this course, learn how to use tools and techniques to deliver projects successfully.
Fee for this course can be paid using SkillsFuture Credits. Visit www.skillsfuture.gov.sg/credit for more information.
SkillsFuture Course Reference Number: TGS-2015502051
Mode of Training: Classroom
What you'll learn
1) Project Management Fundamentals:
- Understand the project management life cycle and criteria for a successful project.
2) Initiating a Project:
- Acquire an overview concept of project planning.
- Write up the project objectives, scope, and benefits.
- Identify high-level risks and constraints.
3) Planning the Project:
- Create a work breakdown structure and develop the project schedule and budget.
- Identify the critical path and work with buffers.
- Identify and manage risks.
- Structure of the project team and assign responsibilities.
4) Project Execution and Control:
- Measure the project schedule and budget adherence against the developed project plan.
- Perform quality control on project deliverables.
- Manage changes in the project.
5) Manage Project Stakeholders:
- Identify project stakeholders and manage their expectations.
- Develop a structured plan to communicate effectively across different stakeholders.
6) Project Closure:
- Prepare handover documents to customers.
- Review the project performance against the planned baseline and document lessons learned.