CoC in Electrical Installation Code of Practice
Course Details Anchor Navigation
Campus where course is offered
ITE College East
Course CertificationSkillsFuture Certificate of Competency (CoC)
In this SkillsFuture Certificate of Competency (CoC) course, you will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to carry out testing and inspection of electrical works in compliance with the new Code of Practice for Electrical Installations. The Code is a major revision of the Singapore Standard CP5 : 1998 and is a modified adoption of BS 7671 : 2008 (17th Edition of IET Wiring Regulations).
What you'll learn
- Comprehend the scope, object and fundamental principles on the code of practice
- Identify the new provisions in SS 638 : 2018
- Assess the general characteristics and particular requirements of an electrical installation
- Select and size cables based on current-carrying capacity and voltage drop calculations
- Interpret design for protection against overcurrent and faults
- Select and erect the appropriate electrical equipment
- Explain inspection and testing requirements for LV installation
- Interpret the requirements for special installations or locations
- Interpret the design requirement for electrical installations with appropriate earthing and bonding for protection against electric shock
This is an intermediate course. Recommended for Electrical Workers preparing for LEW certification, Electrical Supervisor and Residential Technical Officer.
Fee for this course can be paid using SkillsFuture Credits.
Please visit www.skillsfuture.sg/credit for more information.
SkillsFuture Course Reference Number: TGS-2020507915