CoC in Electrical Switchboard Testing & Maintenance
Course Details Anchor Navigation
Campus where course is offered
ITE College East
Course CertificationSkillsFuture Certificate of Competency (CoC)
In this SkillsFuture Certificate of Competency (CoC) course, you will learn how to operate circuit breakers & switchboards as well as testing and maintenance of switchboards and associated meters & relays.
What you'll learn
- Describe various types of switchboards used in industry
- Explain the various types of measuring instruments used in switchboard & their connections
- Operate types of overcurrent devices & protective relays used in switchboards
- Perform inspection, testing & maintenance of electrical components & circuits of switchboard
- Explain the principle of operation of low voltage circuit breakers
- Connect types of current transformers for metering & protection
- Outline essential requirements on metering & consumer’s switch room
- Conduct essential tests on low voltage (LV) switchboards
- Conduct visual inspection of switchboard
- Practical assessment on inspection, testing & maintenance of switchboard
- Observe safety involved in switch board operation & maintenance
This is an intermediate course for learners who have a basic understanding of the topic. Some prior knowledge/experience is required.
Fee for this course can be paid using SkillsFuture Credits.
Please visit www.skillsfuture.sg/credit for more information.
SkillsFuture Course Reference Number: TGS-2017504572