Higher Nitec in Chemical Process Technology (3 years) (wef Jan 2024 intake)
Course Details Anchor Navigation
Campus where course is offered
ITE College East
Course CertificationHigher Nitec
Join us and discover the wonders of bio-pharma and chemical sciences!
This course prepares you for a profession in the bio-pharma and petrochemical processing field. You will acquire current and emerging skills to convert basic raw materials into useful intermediates or products such as fuels, plastics, cosmetics, vaccines and medicines.
This course focuses largely on operating, monitoring and controlling of continuous and batch processes. It also incorporates in-depth learning of the safety and health management system, as well as the knowledge in environmental and product quality control.
What you'll learn
- Maintain health, safety, security, environment & quality standards
- Perform process equipment operation
- Perform process operations
- Monitor process conditions
- Perform separation and transfer processes
- Perform simulated control panel operation
- Perform pharmaceutical operations
- Perform biologics operations
- Perform cleanroom operations and practices
- Perform product quality testing
- Maintain and monitor critical utilities
Admission to Year 1 of the 3-year curriculum structure:
GCE ‘O’ level grades in any 2 subjects:
GCE ‘N’ level passes in Mathematics or Science* and 2 other subjects:
* Mobile Robotics, Smart Electrical Technology, Mechanical Design & Automation, Internet of Things Applications, and Mobile Web Applications subjects can be used in lieu of Science for admission to this Higher Nitec course.
- Applicants for this course must ensure that they are free from colour appreciation deficiency.
- Students will be required to purchase a Laptop for the course. This is in addition to the course fees. Financial assistance is available to eligible students under ITE Opportunity
Fund subject to terms and conditions. For more details on the minimum laptop specifications, please click here.
Higher Nitec in Chemical Process Technology graduates may apply for progression to the following Work-Study Diploma courses at ITE:
Higher Nitec in Chemical Process Technology graduates with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 and above may apply for progression to the first year of a related diploma course at the Polytechnics. For more details on diploma courses for progression, please refer to the Joint Polytechnic Admissions website.
Higher Nitec in Chemical Process Technology graduates are employed by companies in the bio-pharma and petrochemical industries. Some of the job titles held by graduates include Process Technician, Plant Technician, Operation Technician and Maintenance Technician.