Higher Nitec in Visual Merchandising
Course Details Anchor Navigation
Campus where course is offered
ITE College Central
Course CertificationHigher Nitec
Have you ever wondered what goes on behind the design of a window display?
Visual Merchandising is the art of displaying merchandise that is appealing to the eyes of the consumer. Take up the Higher Nitec in Visual Merchandising course and learn how to use different forms of media to conceptualise and create a wonderful window and in-store display to capture consumers’ imagination.
Certification Requirements, Course Structure and Module Objectives (PDF 50 KB)
General Electives and Life Skills Modules (PDF 66 KB)
What you'll learn
- Keep up with retail market trend to ensure that the display is current and congruent with trend and store image
- Develop visual display plan
- Execute visual display plan
- Create appealing display environment
- Create signage and graphics
- Produce props
- Maintain retail display
GCE 'O' level grades in English Language and 2 other subjects:
- Grade 1-7 in English Language
- Grade 1-8 in two other subjects
To be eligible for selection, you must have sat for Mathematics (Elementary/Additional).
For more details on minimum entry requirements for Nitec graduates, please click
- Applicants for this course must ensure that they are free from colour appreciation deficiency.
- Students will be required to purchase a Laptop for the course. This is in addition to the course fees. Financial assistance is available to eligible students under ITE Opportunity Fund subject to terms and conditions. For more details on the minimum laptop specifications, please click here.
Higher Nitec in Visual Merchandising graduates may apply for progression to the following Work-Study Diploma courses at ITE:
Higher Nitec in Visual Merchandising graduates with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 and above may apply for progression to the first year of a related diploma course at the Polytechnics. For more details on diploma courses for progression,
please refer to the Joint Polytechnic Admissions website.
Higher Nitec in Visual Merchandising graduates are employed by the retail or service establishments such as departmental stores, shopping malls, and specialty stores. Some of the job titles held by graduates include Visual Merchandiser, Window Display Artist and Retail Designer.