- Completed GCE 'N' or GCE 'O' Level; or
- Passed BEST Module 4 in Mathematics (for those with work experience); or
- Passed ISC in Electrical Servicing, or Mechanical Servicing, or Facility Services, or Residential Air-Conditioning, or Residential Plumbing, or Electrical Wiring; or
- Accumulated at least 60 hours of structured On-the-Job Training (OJT) under the Certified On-the-Job Training Centre (COJTC) system. The OJT must be relevant to the course applied for; or
- Workplace Literacy & Numeracy (WPLN) Level 5 in Speaking and Listening, and Level 4 in Reading and Numeracy
Applicants applying for this course must ensure that they do not suffer from colour-appreciation deficiency.