Nitec in Technology - Built Environment (Mechanical & Electrical Services)
Course Details Anchor Navigation
Be the first to “diagnose” problems and provide first line and planned maintenance for buildings. You will learn to undertake servicing work on air-conditioning systems, building management system as well as fire detection and protection systems.
1 year 6 months
Campus where course is offered
ITE College East
ITE College West
The course duration is 1.5 years to 3 years.
Download Core module details (PDF 168 KB)
What you'll learn
- Service electrical and emergency systems
- Maintain fire detection and protection systems
- Rectify faults in air-conditioning and mechanical ventilation systems
- Service water supply and sanitary pipework and fixtures
- Conduct checks on security systems (CCTV)
- Maintain building works
- Completed GCE 'N' or GCE 'O' Level; or
- Passed BEST Module 4 in Mathematics (for those with work experience); or
- Passed ISC in Electrical Servicing, or Mechanical Servicing, or Facility Services, or Residential Air-Conditioning, or Residential Plumbing, or Electrical Wiring; or
- Accumulated at least 60 hours of structured On-the-Job Training (OJT) under the Certified On-the-Job Training Centre (COJTC) system. The OJT must be relevant to the course applied for; or
- Workplace Literacy & Numeracy (WPLN) Level 5 in Speaking and Listening, and Level 4 in Reading and Numeracy
Applicants applying for this course must ensure that they do not suffer from colour-appreciation deficiency.
Nitec in Built Environment (Mechanical & Electrical Services) graduates are employed by companies providing building management and maintenance services in private residences, offices, hotels, airports and integrated resorts. Some of the job titles held by graduates include Facilities Technician, Building Maintenance Technician and Building Services Technician.
There are excellent opportunities for career advancement to supervisory positions and beyond. Students can prepare themselves by upgrading their technical skills and knowledge by taking up higher-level courses.