Basic Dog Grooming - Positive Methods
Course Details Anchor Navigation
In this course, participants will learn to read and understand dog body language, and develop the foundational skills to perform basic grooming for your dog. You will also learn how to use positive and science-based methods to condition positive emotional responses, desensitise, and counter-condition negative emotional responses to manage your dog's behaviour in fearful, anxiety-inducing and stressful grooming situations.
Type of courseShort Courses
Campus where course is offered
ITE College Central
What you'll learn
- Introduction to dog grooming
- Basic dog body language
- Fear, anxiety and stress signals in dogs (grooming situations)
- Conditioning, desensitisation and counter-conditioning
- Hygiene shaving of fur for dogs
- Nail clipping and filing, ear cleaning, tooth brushing, anal gland expression for dogs
- Brushing and drying techniques of fur for dogs
- Undercoat removal and de-matting of fur for dogs
Want to find out more about our courses?