Basic First Aid (BFA) + AED Provider Course
Course Details Anchor Navigation
Type of courseShort Courses
Campus where course is offered
ITE College West
The Basic First Aid (BFA) + AED Provider Course enables participants to learn how to determine unresponsiveness, activate emergency medical services as well as perform chest compressions-only CPR and use of AED on adult unconscious casualties. In addition to CPR Skills, this course will also equip participants with first aid knowledge in common medical emergencies. Upon successful completion of the training, participants will receive the following certification:
- CPR+AED Provider certification accredited by Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC), with 2 years validity.
- Basic First Aid certificate of attendance issued by ITE.
*This course is not suitable for participants with physical or health conditions that will be compromised/aggravated while practicing CPR (e.g. recent or active joint injuries, recent surgeries, backaches, pregnant, heart diseases).
Fee for this course can be paid using SkillsFuture Credits. Visit www.skillsfuture.gov.sg/credit for more information.
SkillsFuture Course Ref No: TGS-2020001208
What you'll learn
- Basic First Aid Modules (Essentials of First Aid, Unconscious Casualty (Non-Cardiac Arrest), Respiratory Emergencies, Bleeding, Wounds and Bandaging, Musculoskeletal injuries, Burn Injuries and Transportation Techniques
- CPR+AED Essential Points
- Hands-Only Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Use of Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- CPR+AED Hands-on Training and Assessments
No special entry requirements. However, participants must be physically able to kneel on the floor for the hands-on simulation
Want to find out more about our courses?