With a Work & Study approach, this diploma course provides you with a holistic overview of the world of Culinary Arts to prepare you for a professional career in the Food Services sector.
You will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to manage kitchen stations, inventory, catering and buffet set-ups, perform Garde Manger work, prepare heritage and contemporary cuisine, develop new dishes and menus as well as manage staff to meet organisation’s
service and operation standards.
Station Chef (Chef-de-Partie) is part of the culinary team to create memorable meals for the restaurant's customers.
To be successful as a Chef de Partie:
- You should be someone who can work well under pressure in a fast- paced environment.
- You should
be a good team player, with passion in pursuit of great food and excellent service.
- You should also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to delegate appropriately, possess an organisational flair and grasp of profit
margins and demonstrate a high standard of personal hygiene and best practice for safety.
- Being in the service line, you are expected to work shifts during weekends and public holidays.
A Chef de Partie is one who oversees a section of the kitchen, manages inventory, catering and buffet set-up, prepares and cooks a range of appetisers, main dishes and desserts, develops menu, as well as manages a team of kitchen staff to ensure
food preparation is carried out in compliance with food hygiene, safety and organisational standards.
The work you perform include but not limited to the following:
- Manage kitchen station
- Manage inventory
- Perform garde manger work
- Manage catering and buffet set-up
- Prepare contemporary cuisine and desserts
- Prepare heritage cuisine and desserts
- Manage staff and organisational changes
- Develop menu
Some of our partners:
Amara Singapore | Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa | Conrad Centennial Singapore
Employers that wish to offer training places, please click HERE.