Work-Study Diploma in Architectural BIM & Design
Course Details Anchor Navigation
2 years 6 months
Campus where course is offered
ITE College Central
Course CertificationWork-Study Diploma
Interested to find out the various phases of architectural design & construction?
The Work-Study Diploma in Architectural BIM & Design adopts a work-study approach to empower you to succeed in a dynamic and exciting industry. The course seeks to equip trainees with technical skill competencies to assist in architectural design and produce architectural drawings, to meet the design and regulatory requirements, using Building Information Modelling (BIM) software.
Trainees will also be trained to liaise with the relevant authorities and stakeholders in the various phases of architectural design & construction.
Some of our partners:
DP Architects Pte Ltd | DP Design Pte Ltd | FARM Architects Pte Ltd | HCF and Associates | Sim Lian Construction Co (Pte) Ltd
Employers that wish to offer training places, please click HERE.
Download Core module details (PDF 92 KB)
What you'll learn
- Prepare Pre-Design Information
- Produce Initial Design
- Prepare Design Proposal
- Produce Detail Drawings
- Prepare Tender Drawings
- Coordinate & simulate BIM models
- Prepare Schematic Design for Development Control Submission
- Produce BIM Drawings for Building Plan Submission
- Process to obtain Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP) and Certificate of Statutory Completion (CSC)
Applicants must meet the following minimum entry requirements:
- ITE graduates from any one of the following courses:
Nitec with GPA ≥ 2:
- Nitec in Architectural Technology
- Nitec in Interior & Exhibition Design
- Nitec in Product Design
- Nitec in Space Design (Architecture)
- Nitec in Space Design (Interior & Exhibition)
- Higher Nitec in Architectural Technology
- Higher Nitec in Civil & Structural Engineering Design
- Higher Nitec in Space Design Technology
- Higher Nitec in Visual Merchandising
In-service employees with:
- Equivalent qualifications such as Workplace Literacy & Numeracy (WPLN) Level 5 and above
- Relevant work experience
- Strong employer endorsement
- Pass company screening and interview
- Applicants must be free from colour appreciation deficiency
Work-Study Diploma graduates can apply to related full-time or part-time degree programmes in Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) or Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS), subject to the admission requirements of the university.
Work-Study Diploma in Architectural BIM & Design graduates are employed by Architectural Design companies. The job titles held by graduates include Architectural Technical Assistant and Architectural Assistant.
There are excellent opportunities for career advancement to Architectural Executive and Senior Architectural Executive.
For general queries on the course, please e-mail Thi_Thai_Ha_Nguyen@ite.edu.sg.