Higher Nitec in Security System Integration
Course Details Anchor Navigation
Campus where course is offered
ITE College West
Course CertificationHigher Nitec
Learn the technical knowledge and skills to protect our families and assets that matter, join us and play a part in keeping our city safe.
Apply for this course to embrace an exciting career in the fast growing security technology industry. You will learn how to implement and manage security systems, which include design, installation, integration, commissioning, servicing and maintenance.
Certification Requirements, Course Structure and Module Objectives (PDF 59 KB)
General Electives and Life Skills Modules (PDF 60 KB)
What you'll learn
- Set up wired and wireless networks to accommodate IP-ready security systems
- Set up backend security network infrastructure to support security systems
- Troubleshoot and maintain security systems
- Design and implement security system solutions to meet client’s requirements
- Manage security system installation projects
- Integrate and implement centralised security management system
GCE 'O' level grades in English Language, Mathematics and 1 approved subject:
- Grade 1-8 in English Language
- Grade 1-7 in Mathematics (Elementary/Additional)
- Grade 1-8 in an approved subject: [Biology / Biotechnology / Chemistry / Combined Science / Computing / Computer Studies / Design & Technology / Electronics / Fundamentals of Electronics / Human & Social Biology / Integrated Science / Physics
/ Engineering Science / Science (Chemistry, Biology) / Science (Physics, Biology) / Science (Physics, Chemistry) / Physical Science / Science (Physics, Biology, Chemistry)]
For more details on minimum entry requirements for Nitec graduates, please click
- Applicants for this course must ensure that they are free from colour appreciation deficiency.
- Students will be required to purchase a Laptop for the course. This is in addition to the course fees. Financial assistance is available to eligible students under ITE Opportunity Fund subject to terms and conditions. For more details on the minimum laptop specifications, please click here.
Higher Nitec in Security System Integration graduates may apply for progression to the following Work-Study Diploma courses at ITE:
Higher Nitec in Security System Integration graduates with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 and above may apply for progression to the first year of a related diploma course at the Polytechnics. For more details on diploma courses for progression,
please refer to the Joint Polytechnic Admissions website.
Higher Nitec in Security System Integration graduates are employed by systems integrators, security solution providers and end users of security systems including government agencies. Some of the job titles held by our graduates include Technical Specialist, Assistant Engineer and Security Systems Specialist. There are excellent career advancement opportunities to Project Manager, Sales and Marketing Manager, Systems Designer and beyond.