New 3-Year Higher Nitec
ITE has introduced a new 3-year Higher Nitec full-time programme from Academic Year 2022. Streamlining the current Nitec and Higher Nitec curricula, this new option allows students to attain a Higher Nitec qualification
directly, in only three years instead of the current four years.
Normal (Academic) and Normal (Technical) students can apply for this new 3-year Higher Nitec programme using the existing Nitec entry requirements.
O-Level and Direct Entry Scheme to Polytechnic Programme (DPP) Normal (Academic) students will join the programme directly in the second year and will continue to attain their Higher Nitec in 2 years.
ITE will offer 11 3-year Higher Nitec courses in Academic Year (AY) 2023:
- Higher Nitec in Accounting
- Higher Nitec in Sport Management
- Higher Nitec in AI Applications
- Higher Nitec in Business Information Systems
- Higher Nitec in Cyber & Network Security
- Higher Nitec in Data Engineering
- Higher Nitec in Electronics Engineering
- Higher Nitec in Immersive Applications & Game
- Higher Nitec in IT Systems & Networks
- Higher Nitec in IT Applications Development
- Higher Nitec in Security System Integration
The new 3-year Higher Nitec courses are open to graduating students with GCE 'N' Level and GCE 'O' Level qualifications.
Students may apply for admission to these 11 courses through the Early Admissions Exercise (EAE) in May 2022, or the Joint Intake Exercise (JIE) in December 2022. These students will automatically be enrolled into the three-year curricular pathway
leading to a Higher Nitec qualification.