The ITE Certification System comprises certification levels as follows:
- National ITE Certificate (Nitec) for courses that require completion of GCE ‘N’ Level or GCE ‘O’ Level as an entry requirement, with pre-requisites for certain courses.
- Higher National ITE Certificate (Higher Nitec) for courses that require GCE ‘O’ Level or GCE 'N' (Academic) Level with pre-requisites as an entry requirement.
- Technical Diploma for courses that require relevant Higher Nitec / Nitec as an entry requirement.
- Some Nitec and Higher Nitec courses are offered in traineeship mode as well. Entry requirements are similar to related courses in full-time education.
- Work-Study Diploma for courses that are in partnership with employers targeted at ITE Graduates with relevant Higher Nitec / Nitec or relevant working experience as an entry requirement.
- ITE Skills Certificate (ISC) for courses that cater to the upgrading needs of the workforce.
- SkillsFuture Series Certificate of Competency (COC) for short courses that provide industry-relevant training in emerging and critical skills areas, comprising beginner to intermediate to advance levels.
- Train the Trainer Programme (TTT) prepares trainers and On-the-Job Training practitioners to effectively instruct, coach, assess, and develop curriculum and assessments for industry training.