At ITE, we have the following financial assistance schemes available to help students.
A) ITE Monthly Financial Assistance Scheme (MFAS) and Special Student Assistance Scheme (SSAS)
The ITE MFAS scheme provides a monthly allowance to needy full-time Singaporean students and require regular financial assistance to help them with daily expenses. The number of months of award shall be decided by the College depending on the needs of each individual student and is subject to the
availability of funds. This award is valued at $150 per month.
The ITE SSAS scheme is a one-off financial assistance to tide students over short-term financial difficulties. It also serves as a form of transitional financial assistance to help students tide over sudden financial crisis in the family, so that they can continue with their studies. This award, which ranges from $200 to $600, shall be decided by the College, depending on the needs of each individual student and is subject to the
availability of funds.
You can apply for financial assistance by submitting an on-line application and supporting income documents (e.g. latest payslips, letters from employers) to the College you are studying in for verification. You will receive an email notification if your application is successful.
B) Opportunity Fund (OF)
The Opportunity Fund (OF) Scheme provides support to needy students for the purchase of IT devices. The subsidy for eligible students is up to 80% of the cost of the IT device and capped at $1,000. To be eligible, you must be a full-time Singaporean student with gross monthly household income (GHI) not exceeding $4,400 or gross monthly household per capita income (PCI) not exceeding $1,100.
You must be an active student in a full-time ITE course at the time of claim and have not received a similar subsidy from ITE for the past 3 years.
How To Use Your Subsidy?
You can either buy from any local retail shop or through ITE approved vendors.
Buy From Any Local Retail Shop
You can buy your PC/Laptop/Tablet from any local retail shop. After the purchase, submit the original payment receipt and invoice to Student Services Centre. The subsidy of 80% of purchase price, capped at $1,000, will be credited into your authorised bank account through PAYNOW or GIRO. You must submit your claim within 1 month from the date of Receipt.
Buy From ITE Approved Vendors
You may purchase the laptop from any of the following ITE approved vendors where you will only need to pay the difference in price after subsidy:
a) AsiaPac Technology Pte Ltd
www.asiapac.com.sg/ite and https://asiapac.com.sg/m1-ite/
b) Challenger Technologies Limited
c) JK Technology
d) Acer Computer (Singapore) Pte Ltd
e) NUS Co-op
If the listed price of your PC/Laptop/Tablet is $1,200
Listed price = $1,200
80% x $1,200 = $960
You pay 20% ($1,200 - $960) = $240
As 80% of the purchase price did not exceed the subsidy cap of S$1,000, you are only required to pay the remaining 20%.
In this case, you will need to pay the vendor $240. ITE will pay the subsidy of $960 directly to the vendor.
If the listed price of your PC/Laptop/Tablet is $1,300
Listed price = $1,300
80% x $1,300 = $1,040 (Exceeded subsidy of $1,000)
You pay ($1,300 - $1,000) = $300
Although 80% of the purchase price is $1,040, it has exceeded the subsidy cap of $1,000.
Hence you will need to pay the vendor $300. ITE will pay the subsidy of $1,000 directly to the vendor.
Please select Payment Method as "FAS" or "PC SUBSIDY" when you order online.
Important: You need to liaise directly with the vendor for any enquires on and not limited to ordering, delivering, warranty, specs, payment or cancellation.
ITE will not be responsible for any disputes between student and vendor.