This course aims to equip personnel working in retail and/or non-retail food establishments with the knowledge and skills to:
1) Conduct food safety and hygiene checks,
2) Identify hygiene lapses and manage non-conformances, and
3) Implement food safety and hygiene policies and procedures to ensure effective implementation of pre-requisite programmes and Food Safety Management System (FSMS) based on Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP).
Candidates certified as competent have met the licensing requirement by Singapore Food Agency (SFA) for Food Hygiene Officer.
What you'll learn
• Food safety and regulatory requirements;
• Types of pre-requisite programmes implemented in food establishments;
• Methods used to conduct food safety and hygiene inspections/checks;
• Food safety and hygiene lapses and corrective actions; and
• Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) principles and Food Safety Management System (FSMS)