Nitec in Technology - Aerospace Machining Technology
Course Details Anchor Navigation
You will learn to manufacture aerospace components, using the state-of-the-art machines and software to monitor precision machine operations, as well as perform quality checks.
1 year 6 months
Campus where course is offered
ITE College Central
The course duration is 1.5 years to 3 years.
Download Core module details (PDF 121 KB)
What you'll learn
- Generate CNC part-programs using CAD/CAM system
- Set up multi-axis CNC machining centres
- Operate and monitor precision machining operations
- Manufacture aerospace components
- Perform quality checks
- GCE 'O' Level Grades (Grade 1-8) in any two subjects; or
- 3 GCE 'N' Level Passes (Grade A-D or Grade 1-5) in Mathematics or Science and two other subjects; or
- Workplace Literacy & Numeracy (WPLN) Level 5 in Speaking and Listening, and Level 4 in Reading and Numeracy.
Nitec in Technology - Aerospace Machining Technology graduates are employed as manufacturing specialist by high value manufacturing industries in particular the Aerospace, Oil & Gas, Precision Modules & Components, Medical Technology, Transport Engineering and Machinery & Systems sectors.
There are excellent opportunities for career advancement to supervisory positions and beyond. The challenge is for students to upgrade their technical skills and knowledge by taking up higher-level courses.