Nitec in Technology - Mechatronics & Robotics
Course Details Anchor Navigation
Mechatronics & Robotics is a 3-in-1 course, a composition of mechanical, electrical/electronics and microcomputer controlled system that will equip you with essential knowledge and skills of the multidisciplinary fields to enable you to install, set up, operate, maintain and service industrial automated production equipment and systems. You will also learn to perform computer-aided drafting and design, construct and assemble mechanical support, and rectify basic electronics & electrical faults.
1 year 6 months
Campus where course is offered
ITE College Central
ITE College West
The course duration is 1.5 years to 3 years.
Download Core module details (PDF 147 KB)
What you'll learn
- Install, maintain and service pneumatic and electro-pneumatic controlled systems
- Construct and assemble mechanical support
- Prepare and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings
- Install and test electrical systems
- Install and test peripheral devices and microcomputer controlled systems
- Troubleshoot electronics systems
- Set up industrial automation systems, modify PLC program and troubleshoot a simple automated production system at module level
- Completed GCE 'O' Level; or
- Completed GCE 'N' Level; or
- Passed ISC in Autonomous Maintenance; or
- Passed ISC in Electrical Servicing; or
- Workplace Literacy & Numeracy (WPLN) Level 5 in Speaking and Listening, and Level 4 in Reading and Numeracy.
Applicant must be free from colour appreciation deficiency.
Nitec in Technology - Mechatronics & Robotics graduates are employed by companies in the high-technology manufacturing and servicing industries. Some of the job titles held by graduates include Automation Technician, Automated Equipment Maintenance Technician and Mechatronics Technician.
There are excellent opportunities for career advancement to supervisory positions and beyond. Students can upgrade their technical skills and knowledge by taking up higher-level courses.