Work-Study Diploma in Agriculture & Aquaculture Technology
Course Details Anchor Navigation
2 years 6 months
Campus where course is offered
ITE College East
Course CertificationWork-Study Diploma
This diploma course prepares you for a professional career in the smart farming industry.
This course equips trainees with the skills and knowledge in automating and managing urban agriculture and aquaculture systems with the deployment of sensors & control systems, robotics, Internet-of-Things (IoT), IT and data analytics to achieve highly productive, innovative and sustainable agri-food industry.
Self-driven and resourceful individual who enjoys exploring innovative farming methods in agri-food sector. Possess quick thinking and problem-solving skills. As this sector is relatively new, trainees are expected to be open minded and adapt quickly to the fast-changing environment.
As an agri/aquaculture technologist upon graduation, you are expected to manage urban farms which includes operating high-tech farming systems, monitoring and analysing to improve farm’s efficiency.
Some of our partners:
Sustenir Agriculture (S) Pte Ltd | Apollo Aquaculture Group | Chew’s Agriculture Pte Ltd
Employers that wish to offer training places, please click HERE.
Download Core module details (PDF 126 KB)
What you'll learn
- Manage urban farming, aquaculture and poultry egg farm systems and technologies
- Manage agri-food & nutrient in farm
- Manage crop health, crop curation and inventory
- Manage fish care and growth
- Implement agriculture 4.0 with Internet of Things
- Set up precision farming with artificial intelligence system
- Manage water quality and diseases
Applicants must meet the following minimum entry requirements:
- ITE graduates from any one of the following courses:
Nitec with GPA ≥ 2 or Higher Nitec:
- School of Applied & Health Sciences – Applied Sciences Cluster
- School of Business & Services – Floristry course only
- School of Electronics & Info-Comm Technology
- School of Engineering
In-service employees with:
- Equivalent qualifications such as Workplace Literacy & Numeracy (WPLN) Level 5 and above
- Relevant work experience
- Strong employer endorsement
- Pass company screening and interview
Work-Study Diploma graduates can apply to related full-time or part-time degree programmes in National University of Singapore (NUS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) or Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS), subject to the admission requirements of the university.
Work-Study Diploma in Agriculture & Aquaculture Technology graduates are employed by government agencies, statutory boards and private organisations in the agriculture and aquaculture industry.
Some job titles held are agriculture / aquaculture technologist and team leader. Career advancement prospect will improve when graduates acquire experience and upgrade their skills and knowledge.
For general queries on the course, please e-mail Hong_Zihui@ite.edu.sg.