Work-Study Diploma in Fitness Management
Course Details Anchor Navigation
2 years 6 months
Campus where course is offered
ITE College West
Course CertificationWork-Study Diploma
The Work-Study Diploma in Fitness Management seeks to equip trainees with the skills and knowledge to conduct fitness assessments and provide personalized and group exercises for individuals, masses and organizations. The graduate could be a fitness entrepreneur
running a fitness and wellness business locally or internationally.
Some of our partners:
Certis Management Services | Pure Fitness | Home TeamNS
Employers that wish to offer training places, please click HERE.
Download Core module details (PDF 105 KB)
What you'll learn
- Conduct client risk assessment screening
- Develop sport conditioning exercises
- Develop & review fitness and wellness program
- Perform client dietary and lifestyle assessment
- Provide efficient front office service
- Develop membership acquisition strategy
- Operate and manage fitness gyms and sport facilities
- Develop appropriate fitness program based on appraisal
- Perform data visualisation and recommend evidence-based strategy
Applicants must meet the following minimum entry requirements:
- ITE graduates from any one of the following courses:
Nitec with GPA ≥ 2:
- Business Administration
- Business Services
- Fitness Training
- Event Management
- Service Management
- Sport Management
In-service employees with:
- Equivalent qualifications such as Workplace Literacy & Numeracy (WPLN) Level 5 and above
- Relevant work experience and/or fitness related certifications
- Strong employer endorsement
- Pass company screening and interview
- As part of the diploma course, trainees will be prepared to sit for the ACE Personal Trainer Certification (Exam Fees to be borne by trainees).
Work-Study Diploma graduates can apply to related full-time or part-time degree programmes in Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) or Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS), subject to the admission requirements of the university.
On completion of this diploma programme, you can take up jobs as Fitness & Group Exercise Instructor.
For general queries on the course, please e-mail Benjamin_Z_Y_Kim@ite.edu.sg.