Work-Study Diploma in Opticianry
Course Details Anchor Navigation
2 years 6 months
Campus where course is offered
ITE College East
Course CertificationWork-Study Diploma
The Work-Study Diploma in Opticianry seeks to equip trainees with the skills, knowledge and professional attributes to manage refraction cases, perform advanced refraction techniques, provide good ophthalmic solutions, create good myopia management plans,
manage challenging dispensing cases and operate various diagnostic ophthalmic instruments. In preparation for the aging population, trainees will also learn how to extend support in the area of low vision, offer basic advice on common eye diseases
in Singapore and the related referral routes.
Some of our partners:
Nanyang Optical Co. Pte Ltd | Foresight Contact Lens Optics Centre | Lenskart Solutions Pte Ltd
Employers that wish to offer training places, please click HERE.
Download Core module details (PDF 97 KB)
What you'll learn
- Manage refractive errors
- Perform objective refraction
- Perform advanced refraction
- Communicate with patient in ophthalmic practice
- Troubleshoot ophthalmic dispensing problems
- Perform ophthalmic imaging and measurements
- Prescribe and dispense corrective lenses for specific applications
- Manage and market an ophthalmic practice
Applicants must meet the following minimum entry requirements:
- Nitec in Opticianry graduates with GPA ≥ 2
In-service employees with:
Pass company screening and interview
- Equivalent qualifications:
- ACOPOD+R, and
- Workplace Literacy & Numeracy (WPLN) Level 5 and above
- Relevant work experience of at least 1 year
- Employer recommendation letter
Work-Study Diploma graduates can apply to related full-time or part-time degree programmes in Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) or Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS), subject to the admission requirements of the university.
On completion of this diploma programme, you can take up jobs as Optician (Dip).
For general queries on the course, please e-mail Chung_Woon_Heng@ite.edu.sg.