The Institute of Technical Education (ITE) and Soilbuild Construction Group Ltd (SBCG) has officially signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to collaborate in the field of skills development in Built Environment. Mr Tan Kiat How, Minister of State,
Ministry of National Development and Ministry of Communications and Information, attended the Signing Ceremony on 22 March 2022.
Nurturing Future Local Talent in the Built Environment
Under the five-year partnership, SBCG will support ITE in developing the needed skill sets and competence for future generations of Built Environment talents, in accordance with industry’s standards. Together, SBCG and ITE will collaborate in the
- Facilitating the transfer of knowledge and expertise from SBCG to ITE, in areas of Construction Technology, to advance manpower development in the Built Environment industry.
- To explore co-developing, co-branding, and co-delivering training courses for adult learners under ITE’s Continuing Education and Training framework.
- Working together towards certifying Soilbuild as a Certified On-the-job Training Centre.
- Providing capability development opportunities for ITE staff and real-world learning opportunities for students, through student internships, learning journeys, sharing sessions, staff attachments and joint projects,
as well as outreach programmes.
- Providing sponsorship of book prizes and course medals to deserving ITE students and graduates.
In doing so, SBCG will be the first Built Environment firm in Singapore to partner ITE to develop training and career opportunities in emerging areas of the sector. As part of the collaboration, Built Environment students from ITE will have the exciting
opportunity to work under various entities of SBCG, including at the Group’s Integrated Construction and Prefabrication Hub (ICPH), a highly automated offsite manufacturing facility that embraces Building Information Modelling (BIM) and Integrated
Digital Delivery (IDD) technologies at the heart of its operation.
“Our commitment to support ITE in the development of its Built Environment training programmes and courses highlights our belief in our local talent pool. ITE students offer unique and diverse skill sets which are needed to meet the sector’s
transformational demands of tomorrow”, said Mr Lim Chap Huat, Executive Chairman, SBCG.
“We are honoured to partner ITE on this first-of-its-kind strategic partnership in the Built Environment. This is a very exciting collaboration that will create meaningful opportunities, not just for existing ITE students but also for those who
decide to make a career transition into the Built Environment”, said Mr. Ganessaraj Soocelaraj, Group CEO, SBCG.
“ITE is happy to have garnered the support of a significant building industry leader like Soilbuild. With Soilbuild’s commitment in pioneering and adopting new approaches to harness greater productivity in the building industry, we can look
forward to building a stronger pipeline of talents, as well as uplifting the workers, in the Built Environment Sector,” said Ms Low Khah Gek, CEO, ITE.