Higher Nitec in Technology - Chemical Technology
Course Details Anchor Navigation
1 year 6 months
Campus where course is offered
ITE College East
Course CertificationHigher Nitec
If you are interested in extracting, isolating and identifying chemicals in a laboratory environment, you should take up this course now! You will learn to conduct and analyse chemicals using various wet chemistry techniques such as volumetric titration, liquid-liquid extraction and advanced analytical instrumentation techniques such as spectroscopy and chromatography.
The course duration is 1.5 years to 3
Download Core module details (PDF 127 KB)
What you'll learn
- Perform laboratory housekeeping activities
- Perform pre-testing activities
- Prepare reagents/solutions for products and processes following standardised formulas
- Conduct and analyse test samples using various techniques
- Compile and compute data, interpret test results and analyses and generate analysis reports
- Perform calibration of test equipment and troubleshooting of minor laboratory equipment breakdown
- Maintain proper records of standards, test procedures and laboratory equipment usage
3 GCE 'O' Level Grades:
- Grade 1-8 in English Language
- Grade 1-7 in Mathematics (Elementary or Additional)
- Grade 1-8 in one of the approved subjects*
*The approved subjects are: Biology / Biotechnology / Chemistry / Combined Science / Engineering Science / Human & Social Biology / Integrated Science / Physical Science / Physics / Science (Chemistry/Biology) / Science (Physics/Biology) / Science (Physics/Chemistry) / Science (Physics/Biology/Chemistry).
- Nitec in Technology qualifications, or
- Nitec qualifications (Technical Skills)
Higher Nitec in Technology - Chemical Technology graduates are employed as Chemical Laboratory Technicians or Assistants in the research and development and/or quality control laboratories of companies in the food, chemical, environmental monitoring, petrochemical, and pharmaceutical sectors. Their roles include performing laboratory tests and a variety of technical support functions requiring the application of established or prescribed procedures and techniques to assist chemists, engineers or analysts in research, development and testing activities.
For more details on application, click here .